Senior Data Scientist
About the job
At Datasparq, we work a little differently with our Data Science recruitment. If you have a great track record, then we want to help you get onboard with us. We will tell you what we’re looking for; we will give you guidance on how to make the most of your application during the process. We want you to succeed in getting the role and then we want to help you to excel in the role itself. We want to help you develop your career in Data Science; get into new areas of data science; help you inspire others to success; and develop impact from landed Data Science projects. We want you to bring your teammates with you on that journey so we all get to benefit from the joint endeavour.
Most of all we want you to enjoy what you do and further enthuse the team with that enjoyment!
Senior Data Scientist Role Ethos: Bringing the best of the team.
Data Science-specific Expected Behaviours and Attributes
A Senior Data Scientist should have:
- [Client] A track record of demonstrated value/impact to business through Data Science investigation and projects
- [Client] Some project leadership experience with agile Data Science methodologies
- [Technical] Substantial experience with Data Science oriented projects and investigations[Technical] A high quality quantitative first and second degree with good evidence of exploratory investigation in industry or academia
- [Technical] Expertise in several Data Science tools or techniques that they are known for within their company/university
- [Technical] A willingness to pursue professional accreditation with one of the core learned bodies around Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
General Expected Behaviours and Attributes
We would look for a Senior in our team to have a selection (not all) of these attributes already or be more than willing to engage in these once they arrive.
A Senior Data Scientist should expect to be:
- [Client] Responsible for a client project workstream, and manages delivery not just of themselves, but also supporting the rest of the team
- [Client] Demonstrating good client engagement, project management and expectation management
- [Client] Able to demonstrate a good portfolio of project achievements and learnings that have helped to shape the company technically and/or culturally
- [Communication] Able to effectively communicate their technical/process ideas at a companylevel (e.g. at chats, seminars) and is starting to present externally to clients, in meet-ups andindustrial gatherings.
- [Communication] Able to define workstream approaches, regularly inputs to staffing requirements and new business proposals
- [Communication] Able to participate actively in and helps to shape hiring processes within the company
- [Colleague] Willing to have line management responsibility and can demonstrate effective people management skills through this
- [Colleague] Able to show that they have team or small project leadership responsibility and can demonstrate effective people management skills through this
- [Colleague] Able to motivate and help support a learning culture within Data Science and is leading by example
- [Colleague] Able to demonstrate ad hoc support of colleagues in projects (not necessarily ones they are working in) which better enabled the project to succeed
Who is Datasparq?
Datasparq is an ethical AI product creator, service provider and consultancy.
We are a highly dedicated team of experienced data scientists, engineers, product designers and visualisation professionals who between us solve impactful problems for a diverse range of companies from international
airlines to multinational pharmaceutical companies to luxury global hotel brands.
As a company, we don’t just value diversity - we place it at the heart of what we do. We need diverse thinking from diverse people to help us create solutions quickly that are effective and respect the audience for the tool.
We build AI/Data Science tools and turn them into robust and trustworthy services for customers. We start from sometimes fundamental research and iterate using basic Lean Startup principles to find Data Science solutions
to complex but valuable problems. We work hand-in-hand with our Engineers to ensure that solutions are crafted for productionisation and ultimately deployment. We run data science products in the cloud as services for our clients or deploy to their infrastructure as needed and we do so at pace.
We don’t just build ML models - we take our science from the broad spectrum of Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research and Computer Science. We work with academic partners and CDTs around the UK to ensure that what we do is founded in high quality uptodate science.
What have we done that you might like?
➔ Our interactive ML demonstrations: PlayML
➔ Serverless workflow and control for AI tool orchestration: Houston
➔ Emergent Alliance project partner to help get people back to work post-pandemic: Job Finder Machine
➔ Our medium blogposts around: data science, engineering and making it happen!
Location: London (opportunities to work remotely)