Client Growth Lead
This is an opportunity for a proactive, collaborative and personable individual, ideally with c.3-4 years prior sales, consulting or account management experience to join the team and help manage and grow our existing clients. The role will require the individual to develop a deep understanding of our clients; their businesses, objectives, challenges and drivers, extend and deepen our relationships with key stakeholders, map out a plan to drive commercial account growth and coordinate the wider Datasparq team, collaborating with our Partners where needed, to execute the plan, specifically identifying and progressing opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, clear communicator and have a knack for building relationships and credibility quickly. They will need to be consultative and curious by nature, adept at communicating at all levels within a business, have strong influencing skills and a passion for solving problems with data. Prior knowledge of AI, Data Science and Data Engineering is a plus, but an interest is a must.
The Customer Growth Lead will be responsible for identifying and closing opportunities and maintaining a healthy opportunity pipeline across our existing accounts. With support from Datasparq’s Delivery Teams, Marketing Manager and Chief Commercial Officer they will generate account based marketing campaigns and pro-active account management strategies to bring the best of Datasparq to the customer, and in doing so uncover new leads and opportunities for Datasparq, and will then collaborate with Data Science, Data Engineering and Product colleagues to progress opportunities through to close.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Researching existing clients and developing account plans focussed on driving growth for Datasparq
- Working closely with delivery colleagues and partners to bring more impactful and transformational offerings / propositions to our clients that align with their objectives
- Building, nurturing and maintaining a strong and sustainable sales pipeline across all existing accounts
- Running regular account meetings for strategic growth accounts and documenting all client interactions and internal planning discussions
- Running regular client review meetings to showcase performance of delivery work / services in-flight and other broader work Datasparq is delivering
- Manage stakeholder / relationship maps and ensure Datasparq leadership team and utilised effectively to promote the development of long term strategic partnerships
- Identify, nurture and grow own leads and opportunities through regular client interaction and networking activities, events, relationship building, org mapping and thought leadership
- Develop and execute campaigns to uncover new leads, owning the progression of opportunities once identified
- Working with sales representatives from our Partners e.g. Google to identify new leads and opportunities and close new business
- Engage with key stakeholders at appropriate times throughout the opportunity bringing in senior management and other SMEs as required
- Maintain sales opportunities in hubspot and account interactions / planning in Confluence
- Input into marketing campaigns and proposition / offering development to ensure Datasparq are relevant and leading in the market
- Support digital marketing, social media efforts and facilitating industry events and conferences.
Required Skills & Experiences:
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a business to business environment, and be adept at driving conversations with new acquaintances and developing long lasting relationships. They will be able to build rapport with stakeholders quickly, explain complex concepts simply, and be able to uncover prospects' pain points and position a solution that relies on Datasparq’s services.
Specific required skills & experience include:
- Prior business to business experience engaging with with all levels of a business; senior decision makers; Heads of, Director and C-level stakeholders through technical individuals; Data Architect, Data Analyst, to more operationally focussed roles; Marketing Manager, Transport Planner, Quality Manager
- Experience working in a relationship based role with a focus on developing new and existing relationships to help achieve business success
- Experience holding and leading meetings, building rapport, facilitating consultative discussions, and managing follow up actions to maintain momentum
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve a common goal, recognising when to lead and when to step back
- Creating simple, clear and concise emails and presentation decks to facilitate delivery of key messages
- Accurate record keeping to facilitate knowledge sharing
Desirable skills and experience include:
- A track record of successful target-based sales execution in a professional services environment, ideally selling data and AI solutions.
- Experience growing clients into strategic accounts and managing ongoing commercial and growth interactions
- Experience progressing opportunities through to proposal and managing the sale through to close
- A good understanding of sales, and in particular how to manage a complex sale
- Knowledge of and experience in Key Account Management
Required attributes include:
- Pro-active / go-getter, we need someone with energy and a desire to make things happen, we need someone who can operate with autonomy and who is comfortable setting the agenda and proposing new ideas
- Team player, we need someone who can work collaboratively with the wider Datasparq team to maximise sales efforts and increase the chances of successfully growing our client base
- Creative, we need someone who can think differently, someone who is comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment, and who can identify different ways to encourage clients to engage and open up
Who is Datasparq
Datasparq is an ethical AI product creator, service provider and consultancy.
We are a highly dedicated team of experienced professionals that design, build and run cutting edge solutions, and are on a mission to empower people and organisations to achieve beyond their potential.
We work with a range of organisations from international
airlines to multinational pharmaceutical companies to global insurance providers.
As a company, we don’t just value diversity - we place it at the heart of what we do. We need diverse thinking from diverse people to help us create solutions quickly that are effective and respect the audience for the tool.
We have an established client base and are looking to capitalise on our recent successes and continue our rapid growth by scaling the team to meet market demand for our services.
What have we done that you might like?
- Our interactive ML demonstartions: PlayML
- Emergent Alliance project partner to help get people back to work post-pandemic: Job Finder Machine
- Our blogposts around data science, engineering and making it happen: Medium page
London (opportunities to work remotely)