Business Development Associate
This is an opportunity for a proactive new business hunter, with c.2-3 years sales experience, to join the team and push forward existing early stage leads, inform marketing campaign efforts and cultivate new business opportunities of their own, all with a view to securing new logos and winning new business for Datasparq.
The Business Development Associate will be responsible for identifying and closing new business opportunities and maintaining a healthy opportunity pipeline. They will work closely with marketing and Datasparq’s SDR to generate new leads and will then collaborate with Data Science, Data Engineering and Product colleagues to progress opportunities through to close.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building, nurturing and maintaining a strong and sustainable sales pipeline combining marketing and self-generated leads
- Identify, nurture and grow own leads through networking activities, events, relationship building, org mapping and thought leadership
- Work closely with SDR to develop outbound campaigns and share execution responsibility to cover more ground, owning the progression of opportunities once identified
- Working with sales representatives from our Partners e.g. Google to identify new leads and opportunities and close new business
- Engage with key stakeholders at appropriate times throughout the opportunity bringing in senior management and other SMEs as required
- Maintain sales opportunities in hubspot and track progress of campaigns to enable continuous improvement and learning
- Input into marketing campaigns and proposition / offering development to ensure Datasparq are relevant and leading in the market
- Support digital marketing, social media efforts and facilitating industry events and conferences.
Required Skills & Experiences:
The successful candidate will have proven sales experience in a business to business environment and understand the key activities involved in identifying and closing new business opportunities. They will be able to build rapport with stakeholders quickly, explain complex concepts simply, and be able to uncover prospects' pain points and position a solution that relies on Datasparq’s services.
Specific required skills & experience include:
- Prior business to business sales experience selling to senior c-level stakeholders
- A track record of successful target-based sales execution in a professional services environment, ideally selling data and AI solutions.
- Experience defining prospecting campaign, identifying targets, channels and key outbound messaging
- Experience holding 1st prospect meetings building rapport and quickly and simply introducing the company, what we do and uncovering areas of opportunity
- Experience progressing opportunities through to proposal and managing the sale through to close
- A good understanding of sales, and in particular how to manage a complex sale
- Ability to work as part of a team to achieve a common goal, recognising when to lead and when to step back
Required attributes include:
- Pro-active / go-getter, we need someone with energy and desire to make things happen, we need someone who can operate with autonomy and who is comfortable setting the agenda and proposing new ideas
- Tenacious and resilient, we need someone who can deal with rejection and keep going, who understands that prospecting requires perseverance
- Team player, we need someone who can work collaboratively with the wider Datasparq team to maximise sales efforts and increase the chances of success in new business pursuits
- Creative, we need someone who can think differently, someone who is comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial environment, and who can identify different ways to encourage prospects to engage and open up
Who is Datasparq
Datasparq is an ethical AI product creator, service provider and consultancy.
We are a highly dedicated team of experienced data scientists, engineers, product designers and visualisation professionals who between us solve impactful problems for a diverse range of companies from international
airlines to multinational pharmaceutical companies to luxury global hotel brands.
As a company, we don’t just value diversity - we place it at the heart of what we do. We need diverse thinking from diverse people to help us create solutions quickly that are effective and respect the audience for the tool.
We build AI/Data tools and turn them into robust and trustworthy services for customers. Our Data Science, Data Engineering and Product experts work hand in-hand iterating using basic Lean Startup principles to find solutions
to complex but valuable problems, ensuring solutions are crafted for productionisation and ultimately deployment. We run data science products in the cloud as services for our clients or deploy to their infrastructure as needed and we do so at pace.
What have we done that you might like?
- Our interactive ML demonstartions: PlayML
- Emergent Alliance project partner to help get people back to work post-pandemic: Job Finder Machine
- Our blogposts around data science, engineering and making it happen: Medium page